When it comes to customers finding you on Google search result pages including Google maps, a “citation,” sometimes also referred as web reference comes in the big picture of doing SEO locally. It is mention of the name, address and phone numbers of your business which appears on another website. These citations are important for the local ranking of your business on Google.
This is the business listing that appears for some localized search results, typically on Google’s results page. Local profiles also show on mobile and Google’s mapped search results. The more citations you make the better for the health of your Local profile. Citations show that other individuals and companies are aware of you, and that your information is correct.
They show to search engine algorithms that real human beings verified the business and him both and that they both exists.
The trick is in the knowing that where to obtain these citations and what volume of citations are necessary.
What is a Local Citation?
A local citation is a mention of your business on a website. A business directory listing is the most common form of citation. If we go with the definition, a local citation mentions your business NAPs which means the name, address and phone numbers of your business. Immaterial that it is linked to your website.
Benefits of Local Citations:
1) They give maximum exposure to your business
2) Your website get better rankings on search
How to create local citation?
According to experts business ranks locally all because of perfectly created citation. The more relevant, high-quality citations your business has, the better it’s going to be for your business SEO. At local tracer, we know how to manage, build, and create citations to spread awareness of your brand to both the user as well as the search engine algorithms.
We take care that:
- all your citations appear on relevant & trusted websites
- all your citations aren’t duplicate
- all your citations are updated as per your business info
What are the types of local citations?
1) Major Local Business Data Platforms (Example: Goggle My Business Page & Facebook)
2) Geo/Industry-Specific Platforms (Example: chamber of commerce websites)
3) The World Wide Web (Example: blogs, news sites, apps, maps, government databases etc.)
List of essential components of a local citation
- Business categories
- Hours of operation
- Driving directions
- Business description
- Payment forms accepted
- Owner responses
- Links to social and other forms of media
- Email addresses
- Fax numbers
- Alternate phone numbers